VEGGIE and QUINOA STUFFED CAPSICUMS
- 100g (1/2 cup) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) BONE BROTH from our recipe during the week
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small eggplant, finely chopped
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 small capsicums, tops removed, reserved, seeds and membranes removed
- 65g (3/4 cup) coarsely grated cheese
- Step 1 Place quinoa and 250ml (1 cup) stock in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the stock is absorbed. Set aside.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic and finely chopped mixed vegetables for 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add the tomato and remaining 60ml (¼ cup) stock. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the tomato softens and stock is absorbed. Remove from heat. Season. Stir in the herbs.
- Step 3 Spray the capsicums with olive oil. Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and divide the quinoa mixture among the capsicums. Sprinkle with the cheese. Add the reserved capsicum tops to the tray. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until capsicum is tender and cheese is golden. Serve topped with micro herbs.