Tex Mex Crock Pot Chicken
5 minutes prep, slow cook, 4 ingredients
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 300g salsa of choice
- 425g black beans, drained, rinsed or 60g dry beans
- optional: chopped coriander for topping
- Add all ingredients except coriander, if using, to the slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cook on low for 6 1/2 hours
- Shred chicken with two forks and stir the meat mixture. Use a slotted spoon to scoop chicken into a bowl.
- Top with coriander as desired.
Each 100g serving of this recipe, if prepared as outlined above, will yield an estimated
18 grams protein,
8 grams of carbohydrates
3 grams of fat.
Why not try a bit of egg white protein mixed in?