Sweet Potato Hash
2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks, skin on
2 cobs of corn, husked with kernels removed
2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
1 bunch of Kale washed and shredded
1 small onion, finely diced
small bunch of parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 sprigs fresh thyme
3 bay leaves
1 small sprig rosemary
pepper and sea salt
- BOIL the sweet potatoes in a pot of water seasoned with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- SIMMER for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are just tender - don't overcook.
- DRAIN the sweet potato and set aside.
- HEAT the olive oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium heat.
- ADD the diced onion, thyme leaves, bay leaves and rosemary and cook for 1 minute.
- ADD the sweet potatoes and cook without stirring for 3 minutes or until they begin to brown underneath.
- STIR occasionally to brown sweet potato all over, so it's lovely and crisp.
- ADD the kale and sweet corn kernels and cook for another 5 minutes until hot.
- FOLD in the baby spinach leaves, salt, pepper and parsley.
- SERVE in the pan and enjoy alone or with poached organic eggs.