Sweet potato and quinoa Salad with soft-boiled eggs
- Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 handfuls of lettuce
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Cube sweet potato and onion. Toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and rosemary. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse quinoa and combine with water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for another 5 minutes, still covered.
- Let sweet potatoes and quinoa cool while making soft-boiled eggs.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and reduce to a fast simmer. Add eggs and let cook for 5-7 minutes (5 minutes for runny yolks, 7 minutes for slightly firmer yolk). Remove and place in an ice bath for 60 seconds.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, sweet potatoes, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and gorgonzola. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over salad and toss together. Top salad with eggs.