Spiced carrot and ginger Soup
- 600 g carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural or plain yogurt to garnish
- ½ cup low fat soft cheese
- 5 cups vegetable stock/bouillon
- 2 celery sticks/stalks, sliced
- 5 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
Put the carrots, onion and celery in a large pan with the garlic, ginger, curry powder and
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, partially-covered, for 20-25 minutes,
or until the vegetables are tender.
Blend the soup to a purée using a hand-held stick blender, or transfer to a food
processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
Add the soft cheese, seasoning to taste and blend again until thoroughly mixed.
Reheat gently, check the seasoning and serve, topped with a swirl of yogurt and a
sprinkling of black pepper.