Oopsie Bread/ Cloud Bread
BENEFITS - High protein low carb, cloud bread is a versatile addition to your meal plan
This one is a break through! Use this bread as the base for your favourite sandwich or hamburger bun. There are really no limits so feel free to vary the toppings after your personal taste.
YIELD: 6-8 breads
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon psyllium husks (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
- Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you choose, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
- You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun or hamburger.