500g 93% lean ground turkey
1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
2 tbsp onion, minced
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp sea salt
For the Mashed Potato top
2 med potatoes (I use the purple ones as they have some great nutrients in the peel) cubed. You can peel them or leave the skin on.
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
2 tbsp low fat sour cream
2 tbsp chicken broth
1 tbsp skim milk
1/2 tbsp light butter
sea salt to taste
dash of fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients.
- Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a muffin tin with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, and salt.
- Place meatloaf mixture into muffin tins filling them to the top, making sure they are flat at the top.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from tins and place onto a baking dish.
- Pipe the “frosting” onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER CUPCAKE:
12.25 g carbs
4.25 g fat
9 g protein