Skip to content
Leftover Lamb Shepherd’s Pie
- 3 cups cooked lamb chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 4 cups mixed vegetables
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup Bone Broth, (your own or Nutra Organics powder)
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 500g mashed potato
1 tsp fresh mixed herbs chopped
1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- Saute onion, carrot and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add vegetables, lamb, tomato paste and flour, and mix over a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and bring up to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes until liquid has reduced.
- Turn off heat and stir through peas and fresh herbs.
- Place in a pie or casserole dish and top with mashed potato and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20-30 minutes.