Greek quinoa beef meatballs
- 1/2 1/2 red capsicum, membranes removed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (from approximately ½ cup dry)
- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- 250g turkey/chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 16 iceberg lettuce leaves
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- dressing of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C . Line a large baking sheet with paper and set
2. Combine red capsicum, carrot, garlic, parsley and oregano in container of a food
processor fitted with a metal blade. Cover and process until coarsely chopped.
3. Combine chopped mixture with cooked quinoa, ground beef, turkey / chicken
sausage, cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Using hands or a melon-baller,
shape into 32 balls and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 180 degrees C for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and golden
5. To serve as lettuce wraps, add a dollop of dressing to the centre of each lettuce
leaf. Top with two cooked meatballs. Repeat assembly steps for remaining wraps.