Ginger and sesame bars with passionfruit tahini drizzle
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond meal)
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and ginger
- 1/2 tsp each ground cloves and nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ( honey
- 1/2 cup ABC (almond, brazil and cashew) nut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
PASSIONFRUIT TAHINI DRIZZLE
- 1/4 cup white tahini (unhulled is better)
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 passionfruit
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 18cm x 27cm baking pan with baking paper.
Combine carrot, pecan, sesame seeds, coconut, LSA and dried spices in a large bowl with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Stir through egg until combined.
Combine honey, nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice and fresh ginger in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until smooth and combined.
Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and level the surface with a spatula.
Bake for 25 minutes or until set and caramelised around edges.
Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.
For the tahini drizzle, combine tahini and honey in a saucepan over low heat with 1/2 cup (125ml) water.
Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
Halve passionfruit, then scoop flesh, seeds and juice into pan and stir to combine.
Cool slightly, then pour over bars and allow to set before serving.