Egg-and-Kimchi Rice Bowl
2 cups kimchi
⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
6 cups cooked brown rice
4 strips bacon
1 tsp vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
2 Spring onion sprigs, sliced
2 tsp toasted sesame oilDIRECTIONS
- Combine the kimchi, vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a blender and process until very smooth.
- Toss the rice, half of the kimchi sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl. Cover and microwave until hot, stirring halfway through, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and then roughly chop.
- Wipe out the skillet the bacon cooked in. Add the vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and sprinkle each with a little salt. Cook until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the hot rice among 4 bowls. Top each with an egg, avocado, bacon, the remaining kimchi sauce and scallion. Drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil.