Chocolate Protein Shake – Protein powder free!!
Author: Minimalist Baker
PREP TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME5 minutes
Category: Beverage, Breakfast
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Freezer Friendly 1 month
Does it keep? 1 Day
1 ripe and frozen
- 2Tbsp hemp seeds*
- 1/4cup gluten-free oats*
- 2Tbsp natural salted peanut butter (or sub almond butter, cashew butter, or seed butter of choice)
- 1Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 - 2Tbsp cacao powder (to taste)
- 1 ½ - 2cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 - 2pitted dates or maple syrup (to sweeten // optional)
- To a high-speed blender, add banana, hemp seeds, oats, peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter), chia seeds, cacao powder, and almond milk (starting with lesser end of range) and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more cacao powder for chocolate flavor, nut butter for creaminess or saltiness, almond milk to thin, or dates or maple syrup to sweeten (optional).
- Enjoy immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator up to 1 day (though best when fresh). See notes for freezing options*.