Prep time: 20 minutes
450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning (or equal parts of garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil)
4 thick (½-inch) slices ripe tomato
4 x 28g slices fresh mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
Pepper to taste
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken breasts and season to taste with and pepper.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until done. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- When chicken is done, top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place chicken breasts on a plate.
- Top each breast with one slice of tomato, thinly sliced basil and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze and serve.
Serving size: 113g chicken with 28g tomato and 28g cheese
Fat: 9 gram
Cholesterol: 80 milligrams
Sodium: 105 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Dietary Fibre: 0 grams
Sugar: 2.5 grams
Protein: 33 grams