8 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat just until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and blanch until bright green and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain well, run under cold water to stop the cooking, and drain again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, onion,and cranberries. Add the broccoli and toss the coat with the dressing. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before servings, fold in the sunflower kernels and the bacon pieces. Serve immediately.