1. What made you decide to have WLS surgery?
Chronic back pain, being on pain meds for years, inability/ trouble doing things like getting in and out of a kayak, not being able to ride pillion with my husband and the list goes on!
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
I tipped the scale at 97 three years ago. Am at 66 and have been for about 2 months now, but I see my body still changing!🥰
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Not there yet.... I think 62ish would be my goal. I can’t see myself looking healthy any lower.
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Best decision ever! I feel great, have gained my confidence back.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
I am very fortunate, no issues at all.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Ditching my size 20 wardrobe for size 10🤩 I can walk 20 km in 2and a half hours, I can get in and out of my kayak without needing a hand/ tipping over😂
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
My husband does not complain when I go shopping 🛍
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Get your headspace right... it’s not a quick fix, but a lifestyle change.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
I feel 30! I have not had bad days at all.... I did a lot of reading and YouTube video watching beforehand, I think I was well prepared.