1. What made you decide to have WLS surgery?
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and the excess weight was hurting my joints.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
107 kgs I would like to get to 70 kgs
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
2 kgs off at the moment and it's only been six months since the surgery.
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Fantastic, I have more energy ad fit into size 12.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Everybody's journey is different. Mine has been great, no complications and the difference it makes you feel is inspiring.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Weight has just been dropping off with no exercise at all.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Find a tasteless protein powder that you like and keep the protein in your diet. Protein shakes are fabulous. Buy a portion control plate and bowl. As well as stay positive when your weight stays the same for a few weeks it will soon start to drop again.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best things are more energy, reduced pain and look good. Hardest thing was giving up smoking.