1. What made you decide to have WLS surgery?
Becoming morbidly obese, the fear of dying at 50 like my father did, my 3 young kids who I love and adore and to be a better mum.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
114kg , goal is 75 , I'm sitting at 77 atm
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Almost, but I'm really happy at 77
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel fab!!! It's the best decision I have made , I am more content , I love shopping again and calm, the sense of calmness is wonderful
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Learning to eat slowly
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
My kids not asking if I am pregnant
The compliments from people and people not recognising me
My husband wanting more "action" so yep a better sex life
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I never thought I would wear size 12 again
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Listen to the Dr and follow pre op to a t! See a phychologist it was amazing to talk to someone and address what the cause of the emotional eating was coming from
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
The hardest part was the decision, and actually doing it.
I can't actually say I've had any hard parts along the way, possibly feeding a family of 5 and planning their meals to keep routine while eating my smaller portions, but I didn't let it worry me too much